Page 1 of 2
We’re deploying one of our Royal New Zealand Air Force Orion maritime patrol aircraft in support of United Nations Security Council (UNSC) sanctions on North Korea.
UNSC resolutions are intended to persuade North Korea to denuclearise and abandon its ballistic missile capabilities. This is the fourth such deployment, following previous deployments in October 2020, October 2019 and September 2018. During patrols, aircrew on the Orion locate vessels of interest and look to detect any evasions of sanctions such as through illicit ship-to-ship transfers of sanctioned goods.
- Hits: 191
- Article: https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/new-zealand-provide-further-support-un-north-korea-sanctions
- Note from Nighthawk.NZ:
- Defence Minister Peeni Henare says $525m Budget spend will 'keep the lights on'
- Russia slams sanctions, seeks to blame West for food crisis
- New Zealand must be more involved in Pacific, Opposition says, amid new China revelations
- Fears China will strengthen military presence in Pacific as Foreign Minister's sudden trip raises alarms
- China's Wang dismisses speculation of a military base in Solomons
- RNZAF crew finds survivors on two boats missing near Kiribati
- Reserve Bank's OCR rise wipes out govt $350 cost-of-living bonus, economist says
- Government accused of neglecting Pacific partnerships as China's influence grows
- Funding boost secures Defence capabilities
- Jacinda Ardern says New Zealand can handle Pacific security, as China seeks region-wide agreement
- Nanaia Mahuta needs to be in 'hot pursuit' of China's foreign minister, National says
- Solomons media angry over 'ridiculous' restrictions at China conference
- Analysts say China's plans for the Pacific 'a big worry', but doubt they can pull it off
- NZ Defence Force to teach Ukrainian troops how to use dial sights we don't need anymore
- Artillery training for Ukraine is NZ's big-stick option
- China seeks Pacific islands deal on policing, security cooperation, document reveals
- China wants 10 Pacific nations to endorse 'game-changing' agreement
- 'New world order': Bizarre letter reveals Putin's terrifying plan
- China wants 10 Pacific nations to endorse sweeping regional agreement
- US business head honcho says Jacinda Ardern should be 'pushing our President' over trade deal
Should New Zealand do more to help Ukraine?