Authorities in Hong Kong are cracking down on political dissent, just like Hong Kong is another mainland Chinese city. This week, police arrested Apple Daily owner Jimmy Lai, democracy activist Agnes Chow, and several others. The arrests may be aimed at intimidating Hongkongers; but Hongkongers are refusing to be intimidated.
- Auckland University students warned they could be targeted by 'Chinese government agents' over coursework
- Xi Jinping Sends Veiled Message About "Emperor" of China Plans; TikTok Using Banned Method to Spy
- New Zealand MPs told to delete TikTok over security concerns
- NZ toughens stance on Hong Kong’s new security law
- PM Ardern's calling out of China proves NZ 'won't engage in master-servant relationship'
- New Zealand accused of failing to stand up to bully China, as Beijing passes Hong Kong security law